Thank you. Your download will start automatically.
|Phonics and Reading With McGuffey 1.3 Description:
Phonics and Reading With McGuffey is an affordable and complete computer based training system for beginning literacy that emphases phonics instruction. The program does not require any technically trained supervision to administer to students.
Each lesson introduces new letter sounds which are incorporated into new words. The lessons combine phonics with reading practice. Spelling and sight word practice is included to improve fluency.
There are software programs for phonics and there are software programs for sight words. But none of them incorporate phonics, sight words, spelling and reading practice from classic literature except this one. Your student will develop skills that will form the foundation of a lifetime of success at reading using just this software. The McGuffey Primer textbook has helped to educate tens of millions of people. Now that excellent textbook comes as its own tutor with this simple to use software.
Lessons are structured such that:
1. Letter sounds are introduced with an animation along with an onset word and a sound effect.
2. New words are introduced that incorporate the new sounds.
3. Letter sounds are drilled with smart flash cards.
4. Students experiment with building words and hearing a real human voice announce them.
5. Each lesson has a full color illustration of the reading practice
6. Reading practice is guided so the student does not get lost.
7. A letter sound quiz determines if the student should go back to review the lesson material or to go on.
8. A guided spelling practice helps the student understand the structure of words when they fail to spell correctly.
9. Sight word drilling is used to improve fluency.
By the time the student completes all 52 lessons he or she will know all 44 letter sounds in the English Language and most of the important graphemes. The student will be reading at a first grade level.